Walking Dead Weekend Roundup – November 6, 2014
Robert Kirkman comments on Rick Grimes coma theory, Last Sunday’s Ratings, Walking Dead Spinoff update and more!
Rick Grimes: Not Still in Coma
– Robert Kirkman, series creator, confirmed The Walking Dead is not a dream for Rick Grimes on Twitter. Fans have recently stirred up a theory that Rick never woke up from his coma in Season 1. That the entire chronicled events and lore of the Walking Dead are a nightmare for our favorite Sheriff’s deputy.
Those rumors can now be laid to rest, as Kirkman established this is not the case. A collective sign of relief was heard across the nation. Both a major series spoiler and potential infamous cliche have thankfully been averted.
Walking Dead Ratings
– Last Sunday’s episode “Slabtown” scored a 7.6 rating, scoring around 14.5 million viewers in the 18-49 age demographic. According to TVbytheNumbers, the rerun at 11pm grabbed AMC an additional audience of 2.4 million viewers in the 18-49 age range.
– The previous episode “Four Walls and a Roof” scored a 7.0 rating, scoring around 13.8 million viewers in the 18-49 age demographic.
– Andrew J. West sat down with Entertainment Weekly for an interview regarding his shocking and sinister scenes this season. West discusses what showrunner Scott Gimple told him up front about his character Gareth. Spoilers ahead in this interview. Best to catch any episodes you may have missed first.
– Actress Alexandra Breckenridge of American Horror Story has been added to the Walking Dead’s cast. She’s set to appear this season.
– The upcoming Walking Dead spinoff has announced new director Adam Davidson at the helm. Davidson is an Academy Award winning director, earning an Oscar for his 1991 film “The Lunch Date”. TV credits include the acclaimed HBO series Deadwood, Lost, Dexter, Hell on Wheels, Rome, True Blood, Fringe and many others.
The Walking Dead spinoff is staged to begin production later this year. Davidson will be its pilot episode director. Robert Kirkman and Sons of Anarchy writer Dave Erickson will act as co-creators. The spinoff will delve into zombie infestations on other parts of the world.
– The Walking Dead has been renewed for a Season 6 by AMC. Showrunner Scott Gimple is set to return along with creator/executive producer Robert Kirkman. Executive producers Gale Anne Hurd, Tom Luse, David Alpert and Greg Nicotero are also on board.
Walking Dead Action Figures
– Interview with Spawn creator and meticulous figure inventor Todd McFarlane in The Walking Dead’s official magazine this month. McFarlane expands on the work that goes into molding the Walking Dead’s unique line of figures and sets. McFarlane mentions being surprised that it’s the human characters rather than the zombie figures that fans want to see the most.
Toys R’ Us upcoming fall exclusivity deal with McFarlane’s new highly detailed building block sets are also discussed. Check out the issue for photos of the new Governor figure sporting an eyepatch and a newly designed Rick Grimes.
That’s it for this Walking Dead Weekend Roundup! Watch Episode 5 “Self Help” this Sunday on AMC! See you next time Walking Dead fans!