The Walking Dead releases a new line of digital trading cards, joining forces with Topps and the NFL to make zombies out of several football players in time for the Super Bowl.
The good people at The Walking Dead have created a special edition set of digital trading cards to commemorate the Season 7 midseason premiere and the Big Game itself, Super Bowl LI. The cards, available through the Walking Dead Card Trader app, feature images of NFL players as Walkers.
This set of trading cards features your favorite players from the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons as you’ve never seen them before. The Walking Dead’s executive producer, director, and special FX make-up guru Greg Nictotero created each of the images himself, drawing them by hand to create stunning and creepy images of your favorite players.
Philadelphia Eagles’ Malcolm Jennings was thrilled to be featured in the trading card set: “I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead. In fact, preparing for a zombie apocalypse is my off season hobby. So I had to jump on the opportunity to become one through the NFLPA’s collaboration with AMC and Topps Digital. I’m excited to see how the other players’ artwork comes out. I think mine turned out pretty cool—I make an excellent zombie.”
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane
The trading cards are only available for a limited time. The Walking Dead returns on February 12th.