2 of 5
The good stuff from 711
- Opening with the sneak peek. Using the sneak peek from last week as the opener for the new episode is always a big plus. Not only does it not give away anything major from the episode, but it gives direction as to what may happen next. It is always a positive.
- Laura is both creepy and fantastic. She appears to be the new Dwight. She has been given watch over Eugene, but doesn’t have to torture him the way Daryl needed to be. Strangely, Eugene seems interested and a bit pleased with his current situation.
- The Negan/Eugene fence scene. There were too many great things happening here to break down. The callback to the story he gave Abraham as well as his quick thinking with the walkers at the fence were all fantastic. These two have a great chemistry and the intimidation Eugene felt was very real.
- Dwight finally protecting himself. Planting Sherry’s note on the doctor not only cleared his name but put Dwight in the clear. It wasn’t good for the doctor, but now Dwight can push forward and look into his other options while going back to doing Negan’s dirty work…at least for now.
- Eugene entertaining the ladies. There were so many great scenes during this episode. Watching him create exploding balloons and fun streamers for Negan’s wives was one of the best ever, as it not only showed Eugene being confident but also had him feel a bit more at home in The Sanctuary.
- The heartbreaking story of Dwight. Having him lose the last thing he was holding on to was crushing. However, now that Dwight is living for himself, he may be able to break free from the way he used to be and develop a character that is free of that burden.