Overall impression of 711
While ‘Hostiles and Calamities’ didn’t have the same kind of action as some of the previous episodes of season 7, fans of The Walking Dead should be able to appreciate just how excellent this installment of the series was.
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane
The chemistry that Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Josh McDermitt shared on-screen was some of the most entertaining of the series yet, making episode 711 so unbelievably re-watchable that it should become a fan favorite.
Yar’s Revenge, explosives, pickles, and sock monkeys were all great things for Eugene. He is a fantastic liar, and his ability to do so convincingly has been a major point for the show for a long time.
As far as negatives, there were very, very few in this episode. It was a fun, interesting episode with great moments that were both shocking and refreshing. The ‘flashback’ episode was something that was needed to establish more of these characters or at least renew interest in them.
The Walking Dead will return next week with episode 712 titled ‘Say Yes’ on Sunday, March 5, 2017. As usual, Undead Walking will be back with another review discussing the good, bad, and interesting stuff next week!