4 of 5
Points of Interest From 712
- Ringing the dinner bell. Fans of AMC’s zombie series have seen this a lot in the past. Rick banging on the fence to draw in walkers is a tactic used a lot in the zombie dramas, but none done as well as Strand in Fear The Walking Dead at the hotel in Mexico when he literally was ringing a bell.
- The Creepshow tribute walker. Greg Nicotero loves making walkers that are tributes to other horror movies of the past. For this episode, Creepshow provided the inspiration for a walker in the ticket booth at the fair and made for a great throwback to a classic horror film.
- Rick’s reluctant leadership. Listening to him talk to Michonne about being the leader of the combined communities was reminiscent of when he wanted a democracy in the early seasons of the show. It will take him some time, but he can realize what he brings to the table.
- AMC March Movie Madness. Planet of the Apes is one of my favorite movie series ever. Seeing the advertisement for all the great films coming up along with the Ape films will have me tuning into AMC on a much more regular basis than usual in March.
- “That car…” Yes, Rick. That car could be used to block the path of the walkers. However, the huge amount of bullet holes it in and crazy amount of rust isn’t a good sign. Plus, the zombified soldier through the windshield is really going to lower the Blue Book value of that ride.