The Walking Dead showrunners shared some interesting information about the show and what’s ahead in season 8 at PaleyFest 2017.
PaleyFest is a celebration of television and media, and the panels are famous for bringing together stars from some of the biggest shows on television. The Walking Dead is a frequent guest at PaleyFest, and few shows get the kind of reception that The Walking Dead gets.
Fans in attendance at PaleyFest were treated to some inside information about The Walking Dead from showrunners Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero, Dave Alpert and Scott M. Gimple.
One of the big topics of discussion revolved around Jeffrey Dean Morgan (not in attendance) and his portrayal of Negan. Robert Kirkman attributes Negan popularity among fans to the fact that he says “cool things” even though he does “horrible things,” and that’s a testament to Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s acting.
Scott M. Gimple talked a lot about The Walking Dead’s 100th episode, which will happen to coincide with the season 8 premiere of the show. Everything that has been going on this season is building toward a finale, and episode 801 starts a new chapter that will last well into the show’s future.
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane
Here’s a roundup of what The Walking Dead showrunners had to say at PaleyFest 2017:
Keep checking back for more from The Walking Dead at PaleyFest 2017.