16) In something of a surprise, Richard’s backstory in no way involves The Saviors, though it does explain his concerns about them. Personally, I was hoping my theory would prove correct. Sadness ensues.
17) While Richard explains (Or at least heavily hints at) the death of his wife, he gives no explanation as to how his daughter died. Did she starve? Was she bitten?
18) Richard’s story of losing his child due to his hesitation and unwillingness to act is not unlike how Morgan lost Duane. This certainly seems like an intentional parallel.
19) As the episode reaches the end, we discover that the opening of the episode was, in fact, a flash forward showing the aftermath of a character’s death. This is very much like season five’s “What Happened And What’s Going On”, where we got a flash forward of what happened following Tyreese’s death later in that episode. …I miss Tyreese.
20) In a fairly significant departure from the comics, Morgan kills Richard as opposed to The Saviors doing it during a battle at their outpost.
21) In something of a grim parallel, Morgan kills Richard in the same way he killed the young man (Whose walker would eventually kill Eastman) in “Here’s Not Here”.
And, with that, we’ve come to the end of our Things To Note for this week. Was there anything you missed? Was there anything I missed? Feel free to throw in your things to note in the comments!
If you like this and want to read more of my writings, specifically about how to survive a zombie apocalypse, why not pick up a copy of my book, The Rules: A Guide To Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse! You can get it on Kindle here and on iTunes here!