7) Daniel thinks that it may be best for Ofelia to continue to believe him dead. This seems mildly reminiscent of Chris thinking it better for Travis if they were separated in Season Two’s “Date Of Death”.
8) Lola fearing the reaction of the locals for trading with Madison is similar to both Hilltop and Oceanside fearing the reaction of The Saviors for working with Rick in The Walking Dead.
9) The “former life” Strand speaks of is his time as makeshift doctor at the Rosarito Hotel. Boy, I’d sure like to find out how that place got overrun so quickly! Gee, it’d be nice if we got a webisode about that!
10) This episode gets its name from Daniel’s nickname for Strand (Of which Efrain reminds Everado): La Serpiente.
11) Why is Efrain bothered by Strand thinking he has a military background? Does he have skeletons in his closet, like Daniel? Or, is it simply the comparison to Daniel that bothers him?
12) Efrain wants to open up the dam and “Let God choose”. Uh…huh. No! That’s not sketchy or ominous at all! What would EVER make you think something LIKE THAT?!
Next: Are Things Going To Boil Over?