#5. That OTHER zombie show…Kyle J. West on Facebook asks:
Will you sing the praise of Z Nation anytime soon?
It’s admirable that SyFy wanted to cash in on the zombie phenomenon. When the iron is hot, hitting with other properties that are kind of similar can be a cash cow, and sometimes even overtake the originals in popularity.
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane
While that wasn’t the case for Z Nation, there are still loyal followers of the show who enjoy that it doesn’t take itself too seriously and has things to offer that The Walking Dead doesn’t offer: running zombies and corny humor.
Sadly, the show is not for me. After watching an episode and a half, I found myself shutting it off and never going back. I have no intention of returning either, after being spoiled by works from George A. Romero, Robert Kirkman, and other masterful undead shows and movies.
Still, I won’t knock those who enjoy it. I know that I personally enjoy a lot of television shows others may not enjoy, such as Big Brother, You’re The Worst, Celebrity Juice, and others, and that is why I’m not one to urinate in someone’s Cheerio’s and let them like what they like.
Do you have any questions for The Walking Dead mailbag? Let us know on the Undead Walking Facebook or Twitter accounts or leave your question in the comments section below and it could be used in next week’s article (which hopefully happens!).