2 of 5
The Good Stuff from FTWD 316
- Daniel finally connects with someone again. He and Lola do share a bond, and it’s not something that he likes to do. For him to open himself up to someone and forget everyone else is proof that he’s ready to move on after losing his family and not being able to trust his previous traveling group.
- Strand looking to save the Clarks. Despite his actions in selling out the people at the dam, he still had some kind of loyalty to the Clark family. For someone who doesn’t try to get attached to anyone, this is something kind of new to him.
- The family that lives together dies together. The Clark family was all part of a standoff at the bridge. Guns to the head and explosives all over the place made for an intense showdown. Who will blink first? I was on the edge of my seat during that entire scene.
- Nick is willing to sacrifice himself for his family. Alicia and Madison can be spared, but only if Nick stays behind to threaten with the detonation of the dam. Nick has stared death in the face many times, but being willing to do it for someone else is something special. And it takes a strong person to do what he did.
- Daniel is the best actor on the planet. He can pretend to be hurt, weak, and powerless. He can pray on the emotions and vulnerability of people. His cold nature allows him to do horrible, but justifiable things…and this makes him such a unique character.
- Crazy Dog and Taqa. The duo picking off people from a nearby hill bought Nick more time. That time allowed Alicia, Madison, and Strand to get away on the boat. But does mean the end of the dam and likely everyone on it. But if not for them, it would have been everyone dying.