4 of 5
The Interesting Stuff from 801
- The symbolism. Rick waking up after being shot by Jadis with the big beard should remind fans of the very start of the series when Rick had the hope of finding his family. While the mission is different now, the path is similar.
- Carl mirroring Rick. The scene with Carl walking around and looking for gas is important for allowing viewers to see the evolution of his character and not allow him to be seen as the kid that he used to be while showing regression in hope from Rick while he saw an older version of Summer.
- “It always starts with one person.” Truer words couldn’t have been spoken of Father Gabriel as he tries to explain that while Negan is a catalyst, he’s not entirely to blame for what is happening. Followers and reactionaries are just as much to blame.
- Seeing out the car windows. In the zombie apocalypse, it would be hard not to be able to see all around yourself. The ‘armor’ of the vehicles is good, but it might be just as dangerous as not being able to see the surroundings.
- Red Machete. I have no clue what Red Machete is or what the story means, but I’m very interested to see more. It doesn’t have the hype of the Fear The Walking Dead shorts but offers an iconic weapon’s history, which I’m eager to learn about.