3 of 5
The bad things about TWD 804
- Foreshadowing in the opening scene. Seeing King Ezekiel prepare to meet with everyone and the people of The Kingdom preparing for war is a bad sign. Considering the way last episode ended, viewers had to believe that heavy casualties would be the result of the heavy gunfire.
- Lots of bad shooting. It’s amazing to think that these guys shooting at Carol would waste that much ammo shooting the truck. Countless bullets were used in that attack before they made any tactical move. These are some really dumb bad guys.
- How many times do we need the Ezekiel backstory? This is the third time we’ve gotten the story about Ezekiel’s act as a king and his past. And each time was when he was talking to Carol. Is this a new thing? Do they both have horrible short-term memories?
- The entire truck racing scene. Everything that drew me in from the fight involving The Kingdom got sucked away with this scene. It shifted things to a different pace and different situation that just didn’t flow or fit in the episode. It was by far the weakest part of the episode.
- The death of Shiva. Tigers are awesome. That’s why losing Shiva was such a blow to fans. Considering all the losses that The Kingdom suffered in this episode, it’s a huge challenge to get past what happened. It’s especially true if you’re a fan of Ezekiel and Carol.