2 of 5
The good stuff from TWD 805
- The opening scene. Whether it is Gregory’s interaction with The Saviors or Father Gabriel affirming his purpose, it all set the tone well for an episode focusing on what is happening at The Sanctuary…even if they were flashbacks.
- Father Gabriel explaining why he saved Gregory. It may have been a short explanation, but it was purposeful and logical. It followed along the lines of Gabriel’s beliefs and kept things rolling. I bought it all.
- Seeing the other side. We’re finally getting to see the war from the perspective of The Saviors. Getting to see them adjusting their strategy based on what is going on and discussing what should happen next was amazing television.
- Using weaknesses to draw on strengths. Negan is dead on in that statement. Everyone has weaknesses and strengths, but it is how you use them that matters and what you let stand out that helps to define who you are and what you are.
- The story of Negan’s wife getting told. It took Father Gabriel to bring out a confession about his past. Even though it isn’t a secret about what happened with him, it was nice to hear on the show and didn’t go in depth enough to ruin anything the future may reveal about his backstory.
- “And that is why I am here.” Father Gabriel seeing first hand what Negan means to the people of The Sanctuary has to be a little mind-blowing. Hearing people thank God for Negan has to mess with his mind a little bit, especially after everything he’s heard in the trailer.