2 of 5
The good stuff from TWD 806
- Balancing wins and losses. Showing all of the losses that each community has had to this point balanced with the victories to this point is a good representation of just how awful war can be, and what the cost of freedom really is. Doing this scene before the credits scene was smart to set the tone for the episode.
- We finally figured out what the pictures were for. The Polaroid photos were used to recruit the people from The Scavengers by convincing them that the united forces of their four communities would be enough to remove Negan from power.
- Carl still having humanity. He went back to help the hungry stranger who was scared off by Rick. Then, he was confirmed to be Siddiq, and Carl brought him water and food while sharing stories about his mother with him. It’s good to see him being able to recognize someone in need versus someone who could be dangerous.
- The concept of freeing souls of the undead. It’s something that not a lot of people think about when it comes to walkers. Hearing that Siddiq’s mother is the inspiration for him to kill walkers was interesting, and it was awesome to see Carl helping him eliminate some of the undead.
- Carol trying to help Ezekiel return to the throne. It’s no surprise that Ezekiel is as broken down as he likely can be after losing so many people and his trusty pet Shiva. “You just make me feel real” are some big words and could set up something even bigger down the line for these two characters.