3 of 5
The bad things from TWD 806
- Rick’s bad plan. Going alone to The Scavengers to try to recruit them was the first big mistake in this episode…but coupling that with threatening to kill them all after giving them a LOT of guns and there seemingly being a truce seems like putting blood in the water for sharks.
- Gregory trying to position himself as the #2 at The Hilltop. It’s weird to see Gregory trying to get in good with Maggie now that she’s got control of the community. What he needed to do was lay low for a bit and help out the people until opportunities came up to work back into some kind of authority. Now he just looks even slimier than before.
- Let’s chat! “Hi there! We are enemies, but let’s share our stories with each other before we fight again!” I understand the dialogue is important in developing characters and creating drama, but there has to be a way to get it done without being so forced and awkward. It really makes Jesus look foolish to tell his backstory to a prisoner.
- Going rogue. Rosita and Michonne (who somehow switched seats in the car) along with Daryl and Tara plus Aaron and Enid doing their own things are the kind of things that got so many people killed in the first place. It has to bother Rick that he isn’t a good enough leader to keep the people that are close to him by his side and trust his decisions.
- Naked in a sweatbox-like cargo container. Rick put too much on himself and had too much trust in what he was doing. Unless there is some kind of plan here about him getting caught or killed by The Scavengers, this move makes absolutely no sense going forward…neither does Jadis sparing his life and putting him in the container she marks “A”.