16) Leo is, approximately, the eighth person killed via rocket launcher in The Walking Dead. The other seven were Bud and the majority of his team in the Season Six mid-season premiere, “No Way Out”.
17) Ezekiel explaining that he knew the stakes of the war were the lives of his soldiers “Yet, still [he] smiled” is a reference to his rallying speech heard in “The Damned” and “Some Guy”.
18) Maggie tells Jesus that she chose to spare the Savior P.O.W.s as bargaining chips in case they needed to make a prisoner exchange. Her concerns will almost certainly prove prophetic.
19) As Jadis passes the shipping container Rick’s imprisoned in, she draws the letter “A” on it in chalk. “A” has become quite the ill omen in The Walking Dead, twice serving as a code used by Terminus, and also found by Carol on Mrs. Neudermeyer’s steps after The Wolves attack in “JSS”.
20) This episode’s name, while not used in this episode, comes from how The Saviors have referred to the respective leaders of The Alliance for the better part of this season.
And, with that, we’ve concluded our Things To Note for this week. Was there anything you missed? Was there anything I missed? Feel free to throw in your things to note in the comments!
If you like this and want to read more of my writings, specifically about how to survive a zombie apocalypse, why not pick up a copy of my book, The Rules: A Guide To Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse! You can get it on Kindle here and on iTunes here!