4 of 5
The interesting things from TWD 808
- “90-minute midseason finale”? For an episode that had been previously advertised at 88 minutes, it does make me wonder where these extra two minutes are coming from. Then I realize that they can just give us two extra minutes of commercials, and it is honesty (kind of).
- Tara should go into powerlifting. It didn’t look like those items were that heavy, but when piled into Tara’s arms she showed the prowess of “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry by flexing her muscles to carry all those crates.
- These commercials are SO LOUD! Does AMC plan on airing their commercials during The Walking Dead twice as loud as the show every week? It didn’t always used to be THIS LOUD! Gotta have the remote handy at all times.
- The Walking Dead Rewards. This week, for putting in the code ‘FANSUNDEAD‘ you can get 500 points towards a great redemption prize. The autographed photos are sold out, but there are still tee shirts, once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and digital wallpapers left.
- The final “The Red Machete”. watching a walker going around with the weapon sticking out of her was fun…and then seeing Joe of The Claimers being the first familiar face from the series was pretty darned cool. We all know where it goes from here!
- So…what now? I’m not sure where the story goes without Carl. As a comic reader, he’s so essential to the story going forward that it’s hard to imagine it without him. But he will die soon and that means everything must change soon.