4 of 5
The Interesting Stuff from TWD 811
- A new episode of The Walking Dead starts NOW! This week, AMC had the same lead-in saying a new episode was starting. However, instead of getting a “Previously on The Walking Dead”, viewers were instead treated to a ‘Smokey Mountain Barbeque’ commercial for KFC with Reba. Is Reba coming to the zombie apocalypse in a Col. Sanders costume? (No. She isn’t.)
- Is that The Commonwealth? Gabriel found a house with a radio that has been used to contact others. This is kind of like the one Eugene repaired in the comics to contact Stephanie from The Commonwealth. Is that storyline getting set up already in the AMC show?
- Get some great rewards! Once again, TWD REWARDS offered up to 300 points for those who watched this episode and entered the code on their website. This week, the code is “SANCTUARY”. If you aren’t signed up already, do so RIGHT HERE!
- Daryl should be right at home in a swamp. Since when has some dirty job stopped Daryl form doing what needed to be done. Plus, as a bonus, at least he is in some kind of water. Hopefully, it’s clean enough to do some good.
- Red Machete keeps being solid! I’m always curious what the next steps are for the red machete and where it will eventually end up. I keep enjoying these segments and can’t wait to view them all as one piece.
- Bundt cake vision! Isn’t it weird that Father Gabriel’s illness makes it seem like he’s looking through the middle of a bundt cake? Maybe it’s just that I’m on a diet and I’d love some cake, but I still think it’s really odd.