1) After burying Carl, Rick takes a radio from a corpse. Considering that Rick uses the radio later to talk to Negan, that means it was a Savior. That’s all well and good, except…when did the Savior die? Carl didn’t retaliate when they arrived in “How It’s Gotta Be”, and while Daryl and company did ambush some Saviors later, it wasn’t at Alexandria, so…what’s going on here? Is this a continuity error?
2) This episode gets its name from the last words on the sign at the entrance to Alexandria. Just before Rick and Michonne leave, Michonne looks back at the sign, most of which is obscured, save for those last words: “Mercy for The Lost, vengeance for The Plunderers“.
3) Chandler Riggs’ name is missing from the title sequence.
4) Why is Simon so antsy? Is it because he wasn’t sent to hunt down Rick’s group? Or, is he that violent that he gets itchy when he isn’t killing people?
5) When Negan assigns Simon to visit The Scavengers, Simon’s immediate response is to assume it’s a kill order. This is the second time Simon’s been…overeager to exterminate another group. If you recall, Simon was more than ready to kill everyone at Hilltop before Negan shot down the idea in no uncertain terms in “The Big Scary U”.