11) Dante, apparently, had a son named Jimmy, who was killed by walkers…assuming that wasn’t a lie, too.
12) Gabriel telling Dante “I haven’t always been brave” is a reference to him locking his congregation out of his church at the beginning of the outbreak, revealed back in Season Five’s “Four Walls And A Roof”.
13) Dante is the second person we’ve seen Father Gabriel kill, the first being a Savior during the satellite outpost raid by Rick’s group back in the Season Six episode, “Not Tomorrow Yet”.
14) The foot trap Carol nearly walks into while looking for Alpha’s horde is the second trap we’ve seen this season since Carol stumbled into a snare trap inside the Barrett Academy gym in this season’s third episode, “Ghosts”.
15) The quote Michonne says to Virgil, “My mercy prevails over my wrath”, is a bit of wisdom from The Koran taught to the group by Siddiq back in the Season Eight premiere, “Mercy”.
16) Speaking of that wisdom, hearing it again puts Gabriel’s handling of Dante in a bit of a different light. Would Siddiq have wanted Dante executed? I don’t know…
And, with that, we’ve concluded our Things To Note for this week. Was there anything you missed? Was there anything I missed? Feel free to throw in your things to note in the comments!
If you like this and want to read more of my writings, specifically about how to survive a zombie apocalypse, why not pick up a copy of my book, The Rules: A Guide To Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse! And you can get it from Amazon here and on iTunes here!