1) Within a minute of the episode opening, Alpha stares down at Carol from an opening in the cave. This parallels the final moments of this season’s opener, “Lines We Cross”, where the two did the same thing after spotting one another following the communities’ successful extinguishing of the satellite fire.
2) Umm…why, exactly, did Daryl insist on taking the hand of the walker that grabbed Kelly’s ankle as she crossed the stalagmites? We don’t see him use it for anything, so…why take it?
3) After the group escapes the horde chamber, Connie notices Carol hyperventilating, and asks if she’s alright, before Daryl informs her that Carol is claustrophobic. This is a callback to something we learned about Carol waaaaay back in the Season One finale, “TS-19”, when the Atlanta group entered the CDC.
4) Later on in the episode, Carol, in noticing that Daryl knew of her phobia, mentions that she didn’t tell Daryl. While this is technically true (She didn’t say it to him directly), the fact remains that she did say it in front of the entire group as they entered the lower levels of the CDC, so, of course Daryl would have heard it. Was this Carol forgetting or…was this an error?
5) With Alpha seemingly surprised by the presence of Daryl and Carol’s strike team at the cave, it’s pretty clear that Gamma didn’t rat the group out to Alpha. While this answers one question, it also raises another: Could Alpha have been at the cave (And, subsequently, lured Carol into it)…purely by coincidence? If so, that might be one of the craziest coincidences ever in the show.