Tales of the Walking Dead recap
19) As they search for Dr. Moseley/Specimen 21, Dr. Everett tells Amy that, after he “lost” his team (Which, in and of itself, feels contradictory, considering he’d previously said the team separated over disagreements. “Lost” implies they died), he spent two years wandering around. If this was before he started monitoring caution tape walker, this would put this episode nine years into the apocalypse, at least.
20) Pat is the first named character to die in this episode and the twelfth named character to die in Tales of The Walking Dead (Not counting Agent Rogers, who’d make thirteen).
21) Upon searching Amy’s camp, Dr. Everett finds a chest full of walker heads. While Amy consistently said that her group made a deal with the skull hunters for entry into the Dead Sector in exchange for walker heads, the large number in their possession does raise the question as to whether or not Amy’s group was the skull hunters.
22) Hannah is the thirteenth named character to die in Tales and the second in this episode.
23) Amy is the fourteenth named character to die in Tales, the third in this episode, and the first Tales protagonist to die.
24) If we’re to believe that the images of animals we saw throughout the episode were, in fact, living in the Dead Sector, this would mean that it’s become home to either impalas or pronghorn antelope, Victoria crowned pigeons, zebras, giraffes, flamingos, as well as reintroduced wolves, all species which either don’t exist in Georgia or have long been driven out.
25) At no point in this episode does Amy explain the origin of her missing hand. Considering how often you have characters missing limbs, hands, or feet in the Walking Dead universe and how harrowing those stories often are, you’d think we get an explanation.
And that ends our installment of Things To Note for this week! Was there anything you missed? Was there anything I missed? Let me know! Suppose you like this and want to read more of my writings about surviving a zombie apocalypse; why not pick up a copy of my book, The Rules: A Guide To Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse! And you can get it from Amazon here, and on iTunes here!