Talking Dead will make its return to AMC on October 2, 2022. But, instead of its usual timeslot immediately following The Walking Dead, the after-show will be pushed to a later timeslot following the premiere episode of AMC’s Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire.
Chris Hardwick will return to wrap up Talking Dead‘s 10th season as he breaks down the last episodes of The Walking Dead. He will interview cast members again, honor the fallen with the “In Memorandum,” and hopefully have some surprises to commemorate TWD’s final run.
This week’s guests include Walking Dead director and SFX guru Greg Nicotero, Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl Dixon, and super fan Yvette Nicole Brown. Fans can submit their questions for a chance to have them answered by the guests on the Talking Dead Twitter page.
The Walking Dead final episodes – Talking Dead Special
During the September 25 preview special, Hardwick welcomed special guests showrunner Angela Kang, Cooper Andrews, who plays Jerry, and Paolo Lázaro, who plays Princess. They had a fabulous discussion about what is to come in the final episodes.
- Jerry will weld a sword. Andrews shared that he submitted a video of his swordplay to Kang, who then wanted his skills to be seen in the series.
- When asked about future F-bombs, Kang stated, “Yes, some key delicious F-Bombs.”
- Princess is beginning to see the “crack in the foundation” of the Commonwealth.
- In a recorded message, Lauren Cohan talked about her favorite scene from season 5.
- We will learn more about Princess’ past and why she uses comedy as a defense mechanism.
- Kang stated that Daryl will be a “driving force” in bringing our survivors together to battle the Commonwealth and the horde descending on the community.
- Cailey Fleming, in a recorded video, shared her excitement for Judith’s new Commonwealth look. She was thrilled to be able to cut her hair.
- Kang elaborated on Max (Margot Bingham) and Eugene’s (Josh McDermitt) relationship. She said they are a solid couple who are partners in crime. But, the final episodes will get “funky” for them.
- Lázaro was asked about Princess and Mercer. She stated that Princess is beginning to question why Mercer remains loyal to the Commonwealth, which is filled with underhanded schemes.
- Kang believes Mercer knows of Hornsby’s actions, and although he disagrees, there is little he can do about it since they are in different areas of leadership.
- Several cast members submitted pre-recorded messages about the final episodes.
You can read our complete recap here: