Fear the Walking Dead season 8 episode 1 bite sized recap
Fear the Walking Dead opened its eighth and final season with a fantastic episode titled “Remember What They Took From You.” The seventh season was received with negative responses, and fans are eager to see things pick up inseason 8. This series is constantly reinventing itself; the last season is no exception.
This article contains spoilers for Fear the Walking Dead season 8, episode 1, “Remember What They Took From You,”
The first episode of season 8 of Fear the Walking Dead was a great start to the final season. Things progressed nicely as the storyline wasted no time jumping ahead seven years. This episode slowly revealed some of what has transpired in the past seven years and showed much about PADRE’s operation.
If the first episode indicates how this season will progress, fans are in for a great final season.
Fear the Walking Dead season 8 episode 1 highlights
- Morgan (Lennie James) and Madison (Kim Dickens) arrive at PADRE, where Morgan is interrogated by an unseen man named Padre.
- Morgan thinks Madison has betrayed him in their plan to rescue Mo.
- Padre wants Morgan to become a collector
- The rescue attempt goes south, and the story advances seven years.
- Viewers are introduced to an eight-year-old girl Mo/Wren (Zoey Merchant), who is being trained to fight walkers.
- Madison has been imprisoned for seven years for trying to help Morgan and Mo escape.
- Mo helps Madison escape, so Madison will help her learn to fight.
- Madison realizes who Mo is and that she and Morgan never made it off the island.
- During their escape they encounter Morgan, who is ready to turn Madison back into PADRE.
- Morgan has become a collector.
- He is also reverting to his “Clear” days from The Walking Dead, complete with graffiti on the walls of his houseboat.
- Morgan doesn’t know where Daniel (Ruben Blades), Luciana (Danay Garcia), and Strand (Coleman Domingo) got to after fleeing Texas.
- Grace (Karen David) also works for PADRE maintaining radio towers.
- Mo wants Morgan & Grace to take care of her, but Morgan refuses, being very harsh with her going so far as to say they aren’t her parents.
- PADRE catches up with them because Grace and Morgan radioed their location.
- Morgan is relieved of his position as a collector.
- Madison is recaptured.
- Mo returned to PADRE.
- Grace back to her post.
- Wren/Mo agrees to become part of PADRE’s next steps.
- She steps into the ring to fight walkers again and has no problem handling threats against her.
Follow Undead Walking on Twitter and sign up for the once-daily Undead Walking newsletter to avoid missing out on everything in The Walking Dead universe.