Fear the Walking Dead and The Essex Serpent actor Frank Dillane will star in a new Disney+ series, Renegade Nell, in the spring of 2024. Disney+ has shared first-look images of the series, and Dillane looks quite a bit different than he did as Nick Clark on Fear TWD.
The series is directed by Ben Taylor, who previously worked on Catastrophe and Sex Education, while BAFTA-winning Sally Wainwright is the creator and writer.
The story is a period-drama murder mystery with a strong female lead, Nell (Louisa Harland of Derry Girls), who is accused of a murder she didn’t commit and must travel about 18th-century England to avoid being apprehended. Nell is rumored to be the most dangerous highwaywoman in the land, striking fear into people’s hearts. The series adds supernatural elements in the form of a spirit, Billy Blind (Nick Mohammed of Ted Lasso), with whom Nell crossed paths.
Renegage Nell cast
- Louisa Harland as Nell Jackson
- Joely Richardson as Lady Eularia Moggerhanger
- Adrian Lester as Earl of Poynton
- Nick Mohammed as Billy Blind
- Craig Parkinson as Sam Jackson
- Florence Keen as George Jackson
- Frank Dillane as Charles Devereux
- Alice Kremelberg as Sofia Wilmot
- Jake Dunn as Thomas Jackson
- Pip Torrens as Lord Blancheford
- Bo Bragason as Roxy Jackson
- Enyi Okoronkwo as Rasselas
While it is still early for a trailer, below are the first-look images of the cast in resplendent costumes, including Dillane as Devereux.
Frank Dillane presently starred in the AppleTV fantasy mystery series The Essex Serpent with Tom Hiddleston, Claire Danes, and Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon actress Clémence Poésy. He also starred in The Girlfriend Experience, an anthology drama on Starz. Dillane starred in the third season of this series.
IMDB has two upcoming projects listed for Dillane. Harvest is a drama starring Harry Melling, Caleb Landry Jones, and Rosy McEwen, and a new series Joan, with Caroline Faber.