Overall Impression of 714
As a whole, episode 714 of The Walking Dead was good, but not great. It finally gave fans some backstory on what happened with Rosita in her past and how she learned so many skills during the course of her travels.
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane
It also built up the tension even more for the fight for power at The Hilltop. Gregory knows control continues to slip between his fingers and he is asking favors of The Saviors to help keep him in his comfortable role.
As far as negatives, there didn’t seem to be a lot of things going wrong during the episode. There was some awkward points where tension should have been higher, but instead felt a little flat. Perhaps that was due to the scenes at The Hilltop being a bit strange leading up to the moment with Maggie and Daryl in the cellar.
Still, that is nitpicking what was a solid episode of AMC’s flagship program. Fans should be very pleased by what they saw this week and understand that this attack on The Sanctuary alone could be enough to force The Saviors into an altercation with Alexandria…even before they are ready.
The Walking Dead will return next week with episode 715 of the series titled ‘Something They Need’. As usual, Undead Walking will be back as well with a review of the episode discussing the good, bad, and notable parts as well. See you then!