Fans won’t need to wait much longer to find out what the ‘next big thing’ is in the world of The Walking Dead comic book series.
The Walking Dead comic book series has been full of intense and amazing moments. Many of those revolve around big moments or big bad guys that changed the entire landscape of the universe.
With The Whisperers and Alpha mostly in the past and the final pieces of their impact coming to an end, this opens the door for ‘the next big thing’ to come along and tear at the heartstrings of fans. It will come…but the question is when?
Jason Jensen of Farmington Minnesota asked the following questions in the Letter Hacks section of The Walking Dead issue 172:
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane
"“Can you give us any kind of teaser to the next ‘big thing’? (ie: The Governor/Negan/Alpha or All Out War/Whisperers/Wolves/Prison War/Terminus/etc)”"
Instead of getting a vague answer, the response came pretty quickly from Sean Mackiewicz, who gave an exact issue to look forward to.
"“#175, this January,” Mackiewicz wrote."
The Walking Dead creator and writer Robert Kirkman chimed in and verified the statement.
"“That’s a good teaser,” Kirkman replied."
Just who or what this big bad is will have yet to be discovered but there are some options. Here are some top ones:
- Beta’s got a new crew. We saw that Beta is alive and has Jesus in a bad position. If he and the other loyal members of The Whisperers were able to round up more walkers or recruit some more soldiers, they could be very dangerous.
- The group from Ohio. There should always be some concern that people aren’t who they seem. Even though the group seemed kind and trustworthy enough over the radio, they could be a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
- An enemy of the Ohio group. Now that they’re friends, the group from Ohio may try to enlist the help of their new buddies to fight against a tough foe.
- Dwight starts up uprising. Noticeably quiet in the October issue, Dwight is NOT pleased with Rick Grimes. He is a loose cannon now, but he may be able to rally some troops at The Sanctuary who aren’t happy with the living conditions there.
- Something totally new! It’s hard to imagine something else popping up with so much going on, but it’s not impossible. It could have something to do with the recently met Princess or an outside force that has been watching him.
Who or what do you think will be the ‘next big thing’ in The Walking Dead comic book series? And how do you think the communities will be able to react? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.