Fans of Fear the Walking Dead are anxiously counting down as the premiere for season 8 is only six weeks away. Things are about to get interesting in the series’ final season as more is revealed about the mysterious PADRE. This week’s news includes Steven Yeun’s new series on Netflix, Beef, and information about The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon series.
Beef, a Netflix original series starring The Walking Dead’s Steven Yeun released on April 6 and is currently the most talked about series on the streamer. It is sitting at 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, with the majority of reviews praising Yeun and his co-lead, Ali Wong, for their magnificent performances. It is a dark comedy with a heart directed by Lee Sung Jin that you don’t want to miss.
Other news this week is that according to a stunt man, Fred Guerin, The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon has begun filming for season 2. While AMC has not made an official announcement, the second season has been rumored for quite some time. Only time will tell if this news is true or not. The other information for this series is that the Sun Journal, a publication out of Lewiston, Maine has a request for two newspaper front pages to be used in the Daryl Dixon series. You can read more about it in the article below.
The Walking Dead universe news this week
Click the links for more information.
- David Morrissey (The Governor on TWD) joins the British Bake Off Stand Up to Cancer event.
- Ian Anthony Dale (Tomi on TWD) stars in an episode of Accused.
- Lauren Ridloff (Connie on TWD) starred in an earlier episode of Accused.
- Norman Reedus (Daryl on TWD and Daryl Dixon) will star in the John Wick spinoff, and the film now has a release date.
- Garret Dillahunt (John Dorie on Fear TWD) has been cast in Showtime’s Ghosts of Beirut.
- Jayson Warner Smith (Gavin on TWD) has a new horror movie called You’re Killing Me.
- Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia on Fear TWD) will star in a new series Saint X.