Fear the Walking Dead's Frank Dillane will star in the upcoming series Renegade Nell, which will air on Disney+. Dillane recently starred in the gothic period drama The Essex Serpent with Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon actress Clémence Poésy, available to stream on AppleTV+.
Renegade Nell, starring Louisa Harland (Derry Girls) in the titular role, is a British historical series written by BAFTA-award-winning Sally Wainwright with Ben Taylor (Catastrophe and Sex Education) as lead director and Amanda Brotchie (Gentleman Jack) and MJ Delaney (Ted Lasso) also directing episodes.
The story tells of Nell Jackson, a courageous woman who is framed for murder and becomes a the most feared female highwaywoman in 18th-century England. When she encounters Billy Blind, a magical spirit, she discovers her destiny is larger than she could have ever imagined.
Deadline recently reported that Renegade Nell will premiere on Disney+ on March 29; this announcement was made at the streamer's TCA presentation. The series consists of eight episodes
Renegade Nell cast
- Louisa Harland as Nell Jackson, a young fugitive
- Joely Richardson as Lady Eularia Moggerhanger
- Adrian Lester as Robert Hennessey, Earl of Poynton
- Nick Mohammed as Billy Blind
- Craig Parkinson as Sam Jackson,
- Florence Keen as George Trotter
- Frank Dillane as Charles Devereux
- Alice Kremelberg as Sofia Wilmot
- Jake Dunn as Thomas Jackson
- Pip Torrens as Lord Blancheford
- Bo Bragason as Roxy Trotter
- Ényì Okoronkwo as Rasselas