Deadline reported that Beef and Walking Dead actor Steve Yeun had to back out of his role in the upcoming Marvel movie Thunderbolts, where he was cast as Sentry. There have been many rumors regarding his replacement, but a source reveals to Deadline that Lewis Pullman is the top choice.
Yeun was forced to back out of production for the film because of the delays due to the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, creating scheduling issues with his other upcoming projects. Thunderbolts is directed by Jake Schreier, with Eric Pearson writing the script and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige producing. While the comics focus on a group of villains commissioned for missions by the government, details regarding the film have yet to be disclosed.
Yeun has been announced for two upcoming sci-fi films, Love Me with Kristen Stewart and Mickey 17 with Mark Ruffalo and Robert Pattinson.
Thunderbolts will see many actors reprise their roles from other MCU projects.
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier / White Wolf
- Hannah John-Kamen as Ava Starr / Ghost
- Wyatt Russell as John Walker / U.S. Agent
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine
- Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova / Black Widow
- David Harbour as Alexei Shostakov / Red Guardian
- Olga Kurylenko as Antonia Dreykov / Taskmaster
- Harrison Ford as Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross
- Laurence Fishburne as Bill Foster
- Rachel Weisz as Melina Vostokoff
Pullman recently starred in Apple's Lessons in Chemistry, an outstanding series also starring Brie Larson. He also portrayed Lt. Robert “Bob” Floyd in Top Gun: Maverick.