The Walking Dead universe’s most talked about topic is the spinoffs. By 2024 the universe will have six spinoffs, and more projects are in the works. TWD Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple has stated that the three upcoming spinoffs are the main focus, but once those are complete, there are many more on the back burner waiting to begin.
One of those series is Tales of the Walking Dead, which aired in the summer of 2022. This series was an anthology series that received mixed reviews from viewers. It was a unique take on the apocalypse as each episode introduced new characters scattered in different parts of the United States at different times in the ZA. One episode was set 30 years into the future. Gimple stated that he wouldn’t be opposed to revisiting this series. Showrunner Channing Powell once noted that the creators had approximately 25 stories ready for this series. Only time will tell what happens with this series.
The Walking Dead season 11 will see a Blu-ray release on March 14. The 24-episode season, which concludes the series story, is now available for pre-order on Amazon and elsewhere. The bonus content has been downgraded from previous releases, which this time only includes the digital copy and deleted scenes from two episodes of the final season.
Walking Dead news this week
Click the links for more info.
- Danai Gurira talked about more news for the Rick & Michonne series, Summit, during her recent appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
- Jayson Warner Smith (Gavin on TWD) and Adam Boyer ( Bat Smock Man at Terminus on TWD) star in The Devil to Pay, now streaming on Netflix.
- Three TWDU actors will appear in upcoming horror features in 2023.
- Steven Yeun (Glenn on TWD) is featured in the Invincible season 2 teaser.
- Sahana Srinivasan (Athena on Fear TWD) has been cast in a new series, The Pradeeps Of Pittsburgh, which will air on Amazon Freevee.