The Walking Dead has fans who are insanely passionate about their favorite show, and that’s being shown in a petition that has popped up urging producers to bring back a lost character.
One thing that you know The Walking Dead is going to do week in and week out is kill off your favorite characters. It’s not often that a main character is killed off, but it happens far more frequently than on other shows currently on. We saw that in the midseason finale of the series, as Beth Greene was murdered in cold blood by the psychotic Dawn.
More from Rumors
- Rumor: Jeffrey Dean Morgan could return as Thomas Wayne
- The Walking Dead: 3 popular rumors about the Rick Grimes movies
- Telltale’s TWD Season 5 rumors shut down by Skybound Games
- Siddiq’s Secrets: What is he hiding?
- We need to talk about the kiss between Michonne and King Ezekiel
Fans had a pretty adverse reaction to her death, with many taking to Twitter to protest her death. A formal protest has actually happened though, as a petition has been started to bring Beth back from the dead.
Someone named Amanda T. started a petition on Change.org that urges The Walking Dead to bring Beth back from the dead after killing her off in the midseason finale.
"Beth Greene (played by Emily Kinney) was killed off in the mid-season finale in season 5 of The Walking Dead. Her death was far too soon and the writers threw away the potential of a perfectly good character. Her story wasn’t over. Emily Kinney and her character don’t deserve this. There was so much more to be done with her character and they chose to kill her in a disgusting, unsatifying death that caused more anger and dissapointment than shock and mourning. Beth was a symbol of hope that a lot of women could relate to and see themselves in (especially self-harmers who saw her as someone who overcame their suicidal/depressive feelings). By sloppily killing her it just shows that she was used to further a man’s (Daryl’s) storyline. We realize that the circumstances she dies in are irreverisble, but this is television. Anything is possible. By signing this petition you can at least show your support for Beth. Let’s show Emily Kinney how much we love her and want her back."
It’s a near impossibility that Beth will be back ever again, but let’s not lose hope that she won’t pop up here and there. Flashbacks are a big part of the exposition of The Walking Dead, and Beth popping up in flashbacks or the visions of characters like Daryl, Carol and Maggie is something that very well might happen.
She won’t be back by definition, but we probably haven’t seen the last of Beth on The Walking Dead.
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane