The midseason finale of The Walking Dead made sure to bring it hard and heavy with the depression, but the act of killing off a main character will have long term effects, says Norman Reedus.
When The Walking Dead killed off a major character in the midseason finale, it was pretty apparent that the show was going to be very different moving forward from that point.
More from Rumors
- Rumor: Jeffrey Dean Morgan could return as Thomas Wayne
- The Walking Dead: 3 popular rumors about the Rick Grimes movies
- Telltale’s TWD Season 5 rumors shut down by Skybound Games
- Siddiq’s Secrets: What is he hiding?
- We need to talk about the kiss between Michonne and King Ezekiel
It’s not just fans who think that the death of Beth is going to drastically alter things for everyone who survived the tragedy. Actors on the show believe that things are going to be very different too — namely, Norman Reedus. Daryl Dixon took the death of Beth tremendously hard in the moment, as he was probably the closest character to her on the show.
According to an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Reeds admitted that the death of Beth is going to put Daryl and the group in a very bad place.
"Beth’s death is like Sophia’s; she sings songs and was always hopeful. Of course she tried to kill herself at one point, but besides that, for the most part, she was this sweet songbird, and that represents a part of humanity that you don’t see anymore. So when you put that candle out, it goes dark for everyone."
As soon as Beth was killed off, it became clear that Daryl is not going to be the same moving forward. He’s a fragile character at this point in the series, trying to transform himself into a better man and leader. Losing Beth is something that will hit everyone hard but Daryl looks like he’s getting set up to take it the absolute worst.
More from Undead Walking
- Walking Dead alum Jayson Warner Smith promotes new film, Chipper, watch it now
- Walking Dead actor Chandler Riggs filming new movie in Tampa Bay
- Why is there no season 12 of The Walking Dead?
- Will Morgan Jones find Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live spinoff?
- Watch Tales of TWD actress Jillian Bell in Prime Video’s Candy Cane Lane