Happy New Year’s Eve, Walking Dead fans! 2022 has brought us many highs and lows this year, with the ultimate low, which was also a surprising high, coming with the series finale episode of The Walking Dead in November. Even with the sadness of the ending of the flagship series, the fandom had much to celebrate with the addition of several spinoffs that will make fans’ new year spectacular.
In February 2022, the second segment of episodes for the final season of The Walking Dead premiered. In April, the first-ever spinoff of Fear the Walking Dead would premier the second half of season 7. Summertime would see the Tales of the Walking Dead premiere, an anthology series introducing new characters to TWDU.
Another significant announcement came from the 2022 San Diego Comic-Con event. Surprise guests Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira would take the stage to announce a new spinoff where they would reprise their roles as Rick and Michonne in a spinoff. This would be added to the new spinoff lineup that includes The Walking Dead: Dead City, which will see its debut in April 2023, and The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon.
2023 will be full of Walking Dead content as Fear TWD returns with its eighth season, Dead City, in April, and Daryl Dixon and Rick & Michonne later in the year.
The Walking Dead universe news
Click links for more info.
- Dallas Roberts (Milton on TWD) stars in the Netflix original Knives Out Mystery, Glass Onion.
- Ryan Hurst (Beta on TWD) has been cast in Desperation Road with Mel Gibson.
- Samantha Morton (Alpha/Dee on TWD & Tales of TWD) stars in The Whale with Brendan Fraser. She was also recently honored with a BIFA award.
- Coleman Domingo (Strand on Fear TWD) and his husband Raúl have been nominated for an Oscar for their short film New Moon.
- Steven Yeun (Glenn on TWD) will star in the new movie Mickey 17, directed by Bong Joon Ho.
- More info about the Rick & Michonne series has been revealed.
- Ethan McDowell (Washington on TWD) returns for season 4 of Doom Patrol.
- Michael James Shaw (Mercer on TWD) featured in Blank Studio NYC photoshoot.